Here is a stock cam shaft along with my Delta Cam cam shaft. This
one has a lift of 0.400" and a duration of 205 degrees. The profile
number is 252H (H for hydraulic lifters) I measured all lobes and
they are all a bit different (but with the same lift). The clearance
in the engine bloc is within specs. I bought a set of new lifters
along with the cam shaft.
I then measured the oil clearance for my rocker arms. I have
0.002" of clearance on all bearings. Good!
I removed all the studs and will later install renewed ones I got from
Dave Johnson. Then, I measured the ring gaps, the piston clearance,
etc. All is OK. I installed the rings on the pistons.
I noticed I forgot to clean the water passage after disassembly... so
here it is.
I had quite a bit of trouble with the crankshaft clearances... while my
machine shop polished the crank to the lower limit of the range of
tolerance (actually a few tenth under on one journal), I measured
something that simply did not make sense (0.0030" of clearance) with
my new Altrom bearings. My mentor advised me to try my old original
Subaru bearing to see what it does... wow! I tried with the other
crank first (same result) and then, I tried with the old bearings. It came
much better at around 0.0015" to 0.0018". I then ordered
new Subaru bearings and got that smile back on my face. :-) The
pictures below are from measurements with Altrom and old Subaru bearings
(I did not take photos of clearances with new bearings---went too fast).